Getrude Matshe-Kanicki is an inspirational speaker who has been described as a vibrant bundle of African energy whose zest and passion for life inspires everyone she meets. She is passionate about helping people achieve their full potential and find their individual life purpose. She is passionate about individuals’ success. This makes her an energetic, inspirational and enlightening speaker. Getrude has written several books and is launching her new book “Ubuntu Leadership” in 2020.
About Getrude Matshe-Kanicki
Her speaking career started in Norway 1989 and for 12 years she has worked in the IT industry as a Systems Analyst, Systems Support Manager and Project Manager. Getrude immigrated to New Zealand in 2001 with nothing and founded four successful companies.
- Founder and Global Curator of the HerStory Circle and HerStory Women’s Global Empowerment Conference 2019
- Founded Medical Recruiters of New Zealand Ltd 2002
- Founded GM Global Investments Ltd 2003
- Founded Simzisani, a talent agency catering for the film and advertising industry. Instrumental in supplying ethnic extras for prominent movies such as Peter Jackson’s “King Kong” and James Cameron’s Avatar
- Founder and CEO of the Africa Thrive Foundation, which supports HIV orphans in Zimbabwe 2001
- Founded Walk on the Wild Side Tours – a symbiotic tourism company that takes tourist to Zimbabwe to work with Aids orphans 2007
- Rooney International Scholar 2012; worked at Robert Morris University, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Mother of three children; a well-known African Storyteller, poet, artist and published author.
- She a script writer and an Independent Film Maker
- She writes for CNN iReport, Blogs for the Huffington Post
- Actress in the movie “Cry Freedom” with Denzel Washington in 1987
- Speaker at the UN Annual Summit on the Status of Women, 2014 and 2017