Black History Month Celebration at Hudawi Centre in Huddersfield on Friday 29 October 2021. Doors open at 5pm.
About this event
Come and let’s celebrate diversity in Kirklees.
Be part of an amazing event where you will have an opportunity to network with community groups from the Black African and Caribbean communities in Kirklees doing some fantastic work.
Free food available.
Entry is free but you will need to book your place from here (Eventbrite).
Book soon as there are a limited number of places.
This event is not only aimed at promoting Black History Month but to showcase what’s happening in Kirklees.
Learn more about the Iroko Project, which has recently been nominated for a European Diversity Award, and meet the Iroko Ambassadors and Iroko Community Change leadership graduates. With the opportunity to ask them questions about their journey.
- The Love Generation Band –
- Nicole Keri –
- Dance Emporium –
- Lamin Jassey (African drummer) –
… other acts still to be confirmed for the night.
The event will also include:
- Keynote addresses from Councillor Pandor, the leader of the council.
- Performances and presentations from the community.
- African and Caribbean food with vegetarian options.
- Stalls of local businesses.
If you have any coronavirus symptoms, please do not attend.