We are very pleased to launch our first ever writing contest that will give young people between 9 – 16 years the unique opportunity to publish a short story with the inspiring and young bestselling author of three books from Liverpool, Latoya Likambi!
This is a great opportunity to take those first steps towards becoming a published author and share your unique story and creativity with the world! We are creating a platform for you to share your work and gain the confidence needed to step out and inspire other young children to do the same. If this is you or your child, then we want to hear from you! We invite you to register your child/ children for the contest using the link on our website or on Eventbrite.
Registration has now been EXTENDED and closes at midnight on the 30th of November 2020.
- You must be between 9 – 16 years old
- You must register and submit your story by 30th of November 2020
- Your Story MUST be on family, you can register for other categories from 30th November!
- Your story must be between 150 – 200 words long
- You must pay the registration and admin fee of £15 to participate
- We encourage you to add an illustration/ image to bring your story alive
- All stories must be submitted via email by midnight on the 30th of November 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Register today for your chance to be amongst the 50 young people whose stories will be selected and included in a collection of Short Stories Book on Family for publication in January 2020. The book will be distributed globally and a copy will be deposited at The British National Library.