There are 51 official cities in England and the list of these places have been granted city status by letters patent or royal character.
In the last two decades I have had the opportunity to visit over 30 Countries around the world but I have also had the opportunity to visit 40 of the 51 Official cities of England
There is always something profound that makes cities stand out, it could be the history, the architecture, the sceneries, the diversity of people, its identity or even simple things like the thoughts and emotions we feel when we embrace the new walls of a city.
Have you ever travelled to a new place and felt you are in familiar territory?
Travelling opens our minds into a new world of history, culture, experiences and a new transition of growth.
OXFORD is one of the 51 Official cities I have visited in England
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO VISIT OXFORD
- Oxford is also the home of punting (a tradition which has evolved ever since the 1880s). It is worthwhile to hire a punt and make the most of a memorable experience with some strawberries and Champagne
- Oxford has been often described as The Booklovers paradise of the UK. Blackwell’s Bookshop can also be found in Oxford and it is the largest academic and specialist book seller in the UK. The City has also inspired lots of authors for very many years
- There are so many incredible museums to see and many of the museums are dotted around the city.
- One Of the first things you notice when you visit Oxford is the architecture. The architecture is amazing, it has a traditional feel and reflects the history and the character of the City
- Oxford is the home of some of the oldest pubs in the UK. Some of these pubs date back to the 13th Century
Tony Tokunbo Eteka Fernandez