There are 51 official cities in England and the list of these places have been granted city status by letters patent or royal character.
In the last two decades I have had the opportunity to visit over 30 Countries around the world but I have also had the opportunity to visit 40 of the 51 Official cities of England
There is always something profound that makes cities stand out, it could be the history, the architecture, the sceneries, the diversity of people, its identity or even simple things like the thoughts and emotions we feel when we embrace the new walls of a city.
Have you ever travelled to a new place and felt you are in familiar territory?
Travelling opens our minds into a new world of history, culture, experiences and a new transition of growth.
LEEDS is one of the 51 Official cities I have visited in England
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO VISIT LEEDS
- Leeds has often been described as one of the fastest growing Cities in the whole of the Uk with lots of business and employment opportunities. There has also been lots of investment in large scale projects in recent years and in my view, it is arguably one of the best cities in England to relocate to with regards to value for money. A visit is enough to make you think twice.
- The music scene in Leeds is very vibrant and there is so much range and choice. Leeds is also packed with music venues and it is also the home of one of England’s iconic festivals. There is also the Leeds West Indian Carnival which is probably as old as the Nottinghill Carnival. Leeds is also the only English City outside London to have its own resident opera and ballet companies, – the award-winning opera north and northern ballet and theatre Leeds playhouse
- Leeds has more listed buildings than any other city outside London. The architecture is also breath-taking
- Leeds has been described as the gateway to Yorkshire, there is an abundance of sceneries, space and a friendly refreshing feel
- One of the best reasons to visit Leeds is that no matter what your budget is, the City ALWAYS has something you can enjoy. It is the home of excellent eateries and the range is simply amazing.