ENGINEER OLUYEMI OLAWALE OGUNDELE
Engineer Oluyemi Olawale OGUNDELE, a mechanical and multimedia engineer was born in Lagos, Lagos state of Nigeria on the 18th of October 1960.
He attended Surulere Baptist School, Lagos and Baptist Boy’s High School, Abeokuta, Ogun state before proceeding to Europe to study Mechanical Engineering at the Higher Technological Institute, Vienna, Austria.
He started his professional career as a Technician with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), before joining the private sector, where he worked with Niedermeyer AG. of Austria, as a quality control officer. After eleven years in the private sector, he returns to the International arena by joining the International Atomic Energy Agency as a Multimedia/Electronic Engineer till date.
He is a member of several professional institutes, prominent among them are:
* British Institute of Engineers and Technicians
* Austrian chamber of Engineers
Past President of the Nigerian Students Union, Austria.
Past President of (Egbe Omo Oduduwa, Austria) the Yoruba Community in Austria
Past President National Association of Nigerian Community Austria (NANCA)
Current Chairman of NIDOE-Austria Chapter
He is a recipient of several awards amongst which are:
* The prestigious NOBEL PEACE PRIZE, in 2005 (An award he received together with his colleagues at the International Atomic Energy Agency for their efforts to prevent Nuclear proliferation, the use of Nuclear Energy for military purposes and also to ensure that nuclear energy for peaceful purposes is used in the safest possible way).
* He also received the Nigerian Student Union Merit Award in 1993.
* And ODUDUWA Leadership Award in 2008.
Universal Peace Federation – Peace Ambassador