Back to my desk in Germany after another Nigerian Experience in the service of NIDOE and the Diaspora: The 18 days working visit to Nigeria was a tough but exciting experience as usual. Form Abuja to Owerri down to Enugu and back to Abuja. The working visit enabled me to follow up the gains of the last AGM and programs outlined by this current NIDOE Executive Council and the Board of Trustees. Appreciations to Hon. Rita Orji (Chairman Diaspora Affairs National Assembly for the usual guidance and support. Thank you, Senator Rose Okoji Oko (Chairman Senate Committee on Diaspora & Civil Societies) for having time to respond to my various concerns by granting me official visit or by text when it is not possible to come physically.
My sincere appreciations to the following patriots who made my working visit on behalf of the NIDOE-Diaspora a huge success:
1. Mr. Gabriel Aduda (Permanent Secretary Political Affairs, Office of the Secretary to Federal Government of Nigeria)- (NNVS), for his new vision “A DIALOGUE ON EFFECTIVE ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK WITH NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA TOWARD NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT” and his renewed interest to carry NIDO along. We had a fruitful exchange of ideas and our expectations as NIDO
2. Barrister Bisi Adegbuyi (Post Master General of The Federation, CEO of Nipost) for his great idea to work out a framework with NIDO on Diaspora remittance and collaborations with the Diaspora on new innovative postal services.
3. Engr. Aliyu A. Aziz DG/CEO National Identity Management Commission. We shared ideas on Diaspora Enrolment (NIN) by NIMC and the Advantage of Big Data for Nigeria and the Diaspora. We discuss on a possible Road Map.
4. Mr. Roland Igbinoba (Founder, Pison Housing). He briefed me on the progress report on the adopted Diaspora Housing fund at the AGM in Portugal and the time line for the actualization.
5. Prof. Manny C Aniebonam (Chairman of The Nigeria Diaspora Alumni Network (NiDAN). We shared views on the New diaspora spirit and networking with NIDO. Thank you, Doc, for the lunch in one of the best location in Abuja. Thank was kind of you.
6. Mazi Emmanuel Okoro (President The Association of Nigerian-American Professionals in Nigeria ANAPIN). We reviewed the Diaspora engagement and the need for increased cooperation and strategy. Thank you, Mazi for the invitation to Hilton for the Night out.
7. Ms. Lola Visser-Mabogunje (The Lioness of NIDOE). As usual, she was available to help facilitate important meetings and offered valuable advice. She has been a God sent since this Exco came on board. Thank you, Sister Lola. God Bless you!!
8. Dr. George Manuwuike, my immediate past Chairman NIDOE. You have continued to be a rock of support to me. Thank you for being there for me.
9. Thanks to all the great old new fiends, Amb. Hussain I. Coomassie, for keeping me connected, Dr. Kenneth Ibe Kalu, Ogbonnaya Kanu (the HH of Motobike World in Nigeria), Prince Elton O. Onwu, Bright Fela, Sam from Ambassador Initiative, Chiwaren Abubakar (the invisible Pison Housing man connecting all the dots) and to many others. I thank my entire NIDOE Executive Council and the BOT for the directives and support behind the public view. I hope I met your expectations on this trip and will work on other open ends as I look forward to official debrieffing.