•Efik Leadership Foundation
The Efik Leadership Foundation (ELF) is a Social Enterprise, that means as Social Entrepreneurs we invest in community development initiatives by reinvesting our profit from various sources back into the community.
The Efik Leadership Foundation was established to facilitate the capacity building of Leadership Talent (Future Leaders) and Leadership Impact (Current Leaders) within the Efik community in order to transform the socio-economic fortunes of our youths and community.
This will be achieved through focusing on four (4) key areas; •Leadership Capacity Building •Education Support initiatives •Entrepreneurial Skills Development
•Mission: To transform the lives of Efik youths and communities through building leadership skills, educational attainment and developing entrepreneurial expertise for the purpose of career advancement, breaking the barriers of political exclusion, community wealth generation and community development.
•Vision: To be the foremost community leadership foundation dedicated to the transformation of lives through leadership capacity building and entrepreneurial skills development.
Aims and Objectives:
1) To promote the capacity building of Leadership Talent and Leadership Impact within the Efik community
2) To utilise leadership capacity building, education support initiatives and Entrepreneurial skills development as a catalyst to initiate social change within the Efik community.
3) To transform the lives of Efik youths and communities for the purpose of career advancement, breaking the barriers of political exclusion, community wealth generation and community development.
4) To provide initial mentoring opportunities for Efik Youths by linking them with mentors based in Nigeria and abroad through a Mentoring Scheme (for Young Leaders and Young Entrepreneurs).
5) To implement Youth Leadership Programmes, seminars and workshops to explore the following themes:
•Civic rights and responsibilities
•Entrepreneurship and employment
•Education and Environmental issues.
6) To initiate and encourage the concept of Community Volunteering as part of our leadership drive.
•Our Key Projects include:
1) Youth Leadership Programmes
2) Digital Entrepreneurial Hub to support IT start-ups
3) Community Volunteer Schemes:
(Targeted at underperforming schools).
•Teaching in primary schools
•Teaching in secondary schools
•Saturday School Schemes
4) Entrepreneurial skills and Employability Workshops
5) Online Career Mentoring scheme.
6) CV re-writing and career coaching schemes.
Key stakeholders include:
•Calabar Forum in UK
•Akpabuyo Local Government Council
•Calabar South Local Government Council
•Calabar Municipality Local Government Council
•Bakassi Local Government Council
•Odukpani Local Government Council