The Nigerian West Indian (UK) Group (NWIG) was formed in London in the year 2000 by members of the Nigerian West Indian Association (NWIA) who had returned to the UK from Nigeria, in recognition of the need to continue the togetherness and support that existed amongst them in Nigeria, and to assist in the re-integration of members into British society. It is therefore a branch of the NWIA, and is proud of its links with that organisation. Members of the NWIA and their families who visit the UK from time to time are welcomed to make contact and attend our gatherings. The main aim of the NWIG at inception was to act as a support group for West Indians who married Nigerians, lived in Nigeria, and have returned to the UK to join family members or for various other reasons. The group promotes the health, well-being and social integration of its members.
The Services we offer to our community members include the following:
- Support for people of joint Nigerian West Indian couples and parentage who return to the UK from Nigeria
- Act as a point of contact for Nigerian/West Indians returning from Nigeria
- Organise social activities such as:
- A New Year dinner, usually on the second Saturday of each year
- A summer picnic during August
- Quarterly general business meetings/get-togethers for sharing ideas and socialising
- Celebration and support for family events such as births, marriages, deaths.
To find out more information you can email The Executive on email@example.com or contact me on 07882809005
If you are a descendant of a Nigerian married to A West Indian, this could be for you, to find out houw to join, also email firstname.lastname@example.org