There are 51 official cities in England and the list of these places have been granted city status by letters patent or royal character.
In the last two decades I have had the opportunity to visit over 30 Countries around the world but I have also had the opportunity to visit 40 of the 51 Official cities of England
There is always something profound that makes cities stand out, it could be the history, the architecture, the sceneries, the diversity of people, its identity or even simple things like the thoughts and emotions we feel when we embrace the new walls of a city.
Have you ever travelled to a new place and felt you are in familiar territory?
Travelling opens our minds into a new world of history, culture, experiences and a new transition of growth.
LIVERPOOL is one of the 51 Official cities I have visited in England
FIVE GOOD REASONS TO VISIT LIVERPOOL
- Liverpool is the home of the world-famous International Slavery Museum. I had the opportunity to visit this Museum at the Albert docks in Liverpool several years ago and I was overwhelmed with emotion. The International Slavery Museum is definitely a site that every person of colour living in the UK should take time to visit in their lifetime. It covers the untold emotional stories of enslaved people. There is also a section about life and culture in West Africa before the Atlantic Slave trade.
- Liverpool has one of the best creative arts, culture and entertainment scenes in the whole of The UK and produced lots of stars for TV, Stage and screen.
- Liverpool has an amazing waterfront and skyline. Over the years these sites have proudly become one of the most iconic views and photographed views in the world
- Liverpool has more museums, theatres and galleries than anywhere else outside London making it an amazing city with so much to do and so much to see.
- Liverpool is the home of amazing people who have a lot of warmth, individualism, passion enthusiasm and pride for their City
Tony Tokunbo Eteka Fernandez#